Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's been a long time!!! LOL

Well obviously Kyrah is here, she decided she wanted to come on her own on April 28th. (Birth story below). She is now 5 months and what a joy she is. She loves to laugh and play and absolutely adores her daddy and her older sisters. She's also enjoys watching her four-legged family too :)

Keisha is now in the band, she had her first practice last week. She's playing the trumpet and so far she loves it.

Monica is signed up for basketball and will be starting in November.


Baby's Name: Kyrah Ann
Date of Birth: 4-28-09
Original Due Date: 5-10-09
Weeks Pregnant: 38
Weight: 6 lbs 8 oz.
Length: 18 1/2 in.

Story:I was due May 10th. When I went to my 37 week OB appt. I was 2 cm, was told if I didn't have LO by Thursday, April 30th, I would be induced on that Friday (May 1st) well LO decided to come on her own. After nesting all afternoon and evening I made dinner and baked a cake, while cake was baking as usual I had to urinate, went to bathroom and toilet bowl was full of blood. I finished my cake, made plans for ODD's, showered and headed to L&D. Upon arrival I was 3-4 cm, was kept overnight for monitoring since bleeding had slowed down but not stopped. Dr. came in around 8:00 a.m and I was 5 cm, he said "today is your day" and broke my water. Luckily my contractions weren't that bad, they made me kringe a lot but were tolerable. I opted for the epidural and got that at 6 cm, nurse came in to empty my bladder, I told her I felt a little bit of pressure, she checked and I was 10 and ready to go. It happened so fast df almost missed delivery. Kyrah Ann was born at 11:37 a.m. I got to hold her for a minute and then she was whisked away to the nursery because she was in respiratory distress, after an x-ray was done it was thought she had a collapsed lung and an enlarged heart so she was being transported to children's hospital. df followed LO to hospital and called around 6 p.m she didn't have the enlarged heart or collapsed lung but she was in respiratory distress because she still had fluid in her lungs because she didn't spend long enough in birth canal to expel fluid. She spent 5 days in NICU and got to come home yesterday (5/2/09) She is doing very well and will have a follow-up appt. tomorrow with pediatrician (5/4/09).





No comments:

Post a Comment